Included within the curriculum
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Physical development
- Communication and Language
The following areas are a continuation of children’s learning and development:
- Understanding the world
- Expressive art and design
Find out more about the Early Years Foundation Stage here.
Your child's learning journey
Your child’s key person will plan experiences for your child’s individual needs. A record of observations and photos from these will be recorded in your child’s learning journey. This may be paper-based or online.
The learning journey or learning journal is a term used in early years settings regarding the recording and observing of a child’s learning and development.
This record will be built up over the years and displays your child’s learning and many achievements.
A learning journey will record:
- Observations made by your key person and other nursery practitioners
- Snapshots of achievements and wow moments
- Quotes and sayings from your child
- Learning and experiences from home
- Comments from parents/carers.
Our aim is to build a unique, individual story of what each child learns and achieves as well as their specific interests and learning style.