Christmas at Home Recipes
We thought you might like to try this tasty Gingerbread recipe at home with your children over the festive break. It makes 20-25 gingerbread biscuits
- 350g (12oz) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 100g (4oz) butter or margarine
- 175g (6oz) soft light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
1. Heat the oven to 190°c, 375°f, gas mark 5
2. Sift the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda, and then add the sugar.
3. Add the butter or margarine, and rub together with hands until it is like breadcrumbs.
4. Add the egg and the syrup and mix together until a dough is formed.
5. Turn out onto a floured surface and using a rolling pin, roll until a 5mm thickness is achieved.
6. Using a cutter, cut shapes out and place on to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
7. Bake for 12 minutes until golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack.
9. Once cool, icing decorations can be added or enjoyed as they are.
Christmas Card Competition
A huge thank you to all the children who entered our Christmas Card competition! We received 13 amazing entries this year, which we have displayed in the marketing office and have thoroughly enjoyed admiring. Well done to everyone who sent in an entry.
Our judges have selected one winner along with a runner up due to the quality of the entries received. Prizes will be posted out to the children. We hope you like your prize.
Winner: 3 year child from our Millway nursery
Runner up: 2 year 8 month child from our Wing nursery
January Sale – 50% off Extra Sessions
Throughout January and February, we are offering all nursery extra sessions half price!
Any extra sessions will need to be booked and paid for by 31st January 2021 and can be booked directly through your nursery manager.
Recommend a Friend Scheme
Have you heard about our recommend a friend scheme? The scheme enables you to earn discounts on your monthly fees by referring new families to our nurseries. Further details can be found here: www.ashbournedaynurseries.co.uk/recommend-a-friend-scheme
We would like to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and we hope you are able to enjoy the festive period as much as possible despite the current restrictions in place.
We look forward to seeing you all in the new year!